• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lenore1340

Lenore1340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

So I've been seeing this guy for about 6 months now. I really care about him & I know he cares about me too. But he is really immature. We're both 20 but he laughs at the most immature things. He doesn't get hints when I try to let him know it's not smart to do something, or if he says that he's going to hurt that persons feelings. I care about him but I can't stand how inept he is. Can I get some advice please?

#2 wolflover

wolflover

Relationships Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationMissouri
Excellent

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Sometimes gentle guidance doesn't work. With my partner, he's a bit immature as well but I'm helping him know better and it's sticking. Sometimes you have to flat out say when they're being that way but not in such a way that you demean him. Such as in front of friends, do not just yell at him. See if you can get him to the side and explain why it's not such a good idea. If it doesn't stick then maybe it'll get him eventually. We all mature at a different rate. Some take more than others.
"Waking up is knowing who you really are." -Evanescence - Exodus

#3 keebler

keebler

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Be honest with him and let him know that you can't handle him being immature and that he needs to control his behavior around people. If he stays the same, break up with him and find a mature guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users