Photo
- - - - -

Can a cancer tumor actually burst through the skin?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Labman

Labman

Dogs Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNothern USA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

The tumor in my bladder has gone wild. It grew through the bladder wall and is running amuck, flattening my ureters and chocking off my bowel. For now, the surgeons have all my systems working, but it isn't pretty. It has gone down my intestine to my rectum. It has formed hard lumps around my anus. Can it burst through them? I called my doctor's office today, and he is out of the country.

#2 Roza

Roza

Health & Pregnancy Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts
  • LocationMontreal,Que. Canada
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Allowed to grow it can get anywhere. There are medications to shrink and get some control. Even if your doctor is away he must have left a cover or someone who can access your files. Otherwise it is ER and hours of rechecking, etc.

Other alternative is the surgeons will not have stopped but maybe slowed 'production.' That may give your doctor's office time to get you a replacement.

Don't try to break anything yourself - that could cause a spread. It could break through -but slowly.

You really need meds that will shrink & maybe, (hope not), more pain killers.

#3 Labman

Labman

Dogs Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNothern USA
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

I go to the doctor next Tuesday. If all is going well, he will be putting me in a chemotherapy trial. Mean time I am covering the problem up with a Tramadol prescription.

#4 Roza

Roza

• Experts
  • 7,051 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Sounds good. We hope it all works.(& quickly).

#5 Labman

Labman

Dogs Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNothern USA
Excellent

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Well I had my first Chemo Thursday. It seemed to have little effect on me, but already seems to be giving me relief. I was able to go out last night and do about 70% of what I usually do at my service club's fundraiser. I am still forgoing many of my usual activities.

I am actually in a study adding a pill to the infusions.

#6 Roza

Roza

• Experts
  • 7,051 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

This is a most hopeful post. They'll watch you much better in a study - you are not just a patient, but an asset. We hope,however slowly, all is uphill from here.

#7 Labman

Labman

Dogs Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNothern USA
Excellent

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

Progress continues, but not at an even rate. Memorial Day I was in the emergency room with a fever of 102 and fatigue. Funnest thing, before they did anything my fever dropped and I felt much better. They did give me an antibiotic by IV and sent me home with a prescription. Thursday I felt well enough to catch up on some errands. By the time I got back, fever and fatigue again. It seems I drop when I shop. I had to drop out of my study.

Yesterday I fell losing a bunch of skin off my face. I did check and was reassured I can still restart the study Thursday as long as no more fevers and infections. Triple Antibiotic and Mary's magic mixture for the cut inside my lip.

I still have trouble sitting up at the computer, but manage to check this site at least once a day. The visiting nurse suggested a ''donut'' pillow. I will try it.

#8 Roza

Roza

• Experts
  • 7,051 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

We keep going, but nature throws us road blocks. I've managed my diabetes for 35+ yrs with medications & am up to pills & drops, etc-up to 18 a day. Insulin is getting closer by the month as my kidneys will soon no longer work with just meds & diet. Mike's enlarged prostate left him catheterized for 2 weeks -& unfortunately the best was the catheter came out-but now he has to do it himself every 4-6 hours. This is so life limiting -we can't visit or be more then a few hours from home and he is facing surgery.

However life is never been so sweet as it is to us as we grow older we try to use,hopefully not waste, time. We are 'Too soon old & too late smart,eh?'

Wishing your treatments to be successful & life to become less filled with the pains and frustrations of age.

#9 Labman

Labman

Dogs Expert

• Experts
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNothern USA
Excellent

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

The hospital screwed up. They told me to follow up my culture with my PCP. They told my urologist the oral antibiotic they sent me home with was wrong. Thus I was back a week ago to start a week in the hospital on IV. I am not pleased.

#10 Roza

Roza

• Experts
  • 7,051 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

You have every reason to be good & pissed off - but at least they caught the mistake- and are fixing it. Imagine if they
hadn't. Are you out now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users